PS CS4 graphics artifacts from Lightroom 2.2?

K
Posted By
KyleDJ
Jan 13, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

Forum search didn’t reveal mention of this one, maybe I just didn’t search the right keywords…

If I switch to PS CS4 from LR 2.2 (using Alt-tab in Win XP), I get graphics artifacts on the PS display. They are portions of the screen from LR, and cover parts of the image. If I zoom or pan, they flicker yet stay there.

I can "clear" the artifacts by switching to any other full-screen application and back to PS. They reappear the next time I switch from LR to PS.

Anyone else have a similar issue?

I found some passing similarity here:
<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?128@@.59b6f460>
though that issue seems even more messed up than what I see.

Testing through Adobe Support’s suggestions revealed that I can’t re-create the issue when using another user account on the machine. They said they think the user account is "damaged". That would not be a good thing, seeing as how it’s the built-in Administrator account of Win XP 🙂 At any rate, assuming it’s true, how count I address a "damaged" user account? Just the user profile? Or is it the account itself? Not getting a lot of leads in the MS Win XP KBase.

Specs:
Win XP SP2 & SP3 (both have same issue)
nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256 MB driver v.178.24 (current)
4 GB RAM, and using /3GB switch
3.2 GHz iCore2Duo

Thanks,
KDJ

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

WE
Wolf_Eilers
Jan 13, 2009
The latest GeForce drivers are 181.20
K
KyleDJ
Jan 13, 2009
Thanks Wolf. It never fails that after I try the latest driver, have issues, and post about it, that a new driver has already been released 🙂 At any rate, I have now tried 181.20, which is the latest driver (as of 5 minutes ago), and the problem is unchanged.

So, my questions above are still open. Anyone else having similar issue?

Thanks,
KDJ

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections