RA
Posted By
ralph_austin
Jan 12, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Been using PS7 for ages. Now, for no apparent reason, I can import some images from storage on my discs and not be able to import others from the same disk.

The most obvious symptom is that one image can be imported and manipulated but when I try to import another one of the same file type the image does not appear and the drop down menus from the top tool bar are blank/white. The program itself freezes and it is necessary to use Task Manager to end PS7. I have re-tried more than a few angles of attack on this including removing PS7 from my disc entirely and reloading it. I am not particularly computer literate but I can follow simple directions if someone has encountered this situation before and knows of a fix. I thank everyone in advance.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

M
Mylenium
Jan 12, 2009
What disks are you using? Sounds like permission issues and/or a breakup of the driver (if you use certain SATA disks or RAIDs). I recommend you right-click "My Computer" and check the device manager whether any of the disks are flagged with a warning sign. Likewise, check your event log for any componnets not initilaizing during the startup sequence. In both cases removing the offenders and having Windows auto-re-install via its hardware detection might resolve the issues.

Mylenium
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 12, 2009
reset the preferences per the faq

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef4a07f/1>
RA
ralph_austin
Jan 12, 2009
Report from the battle front…

Deleting the preferences file seems to have fixed things.

I thank you all very much for you suggestions.

Jack
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 12, 2009
no prob ralph. glad it worked. 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections