C
Posted By
CKnigge
Jan 11, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Alright. This is an unusual situation. I recently formatted my OS for Vista. Reinstalled CS3. And started getting some interesting things with my pointer (mouse AND tablet). It lags to put it simply. But only when I’m activating something (like a lasso or brush). But that’s not all. I’ve found a workaround kinda. If I zoom in and/or out, the pointer is fine and there’s absolutely no lag. But once I scroll to the side, typically (not all the time) there it goes again, forcing me to zoom. (Trust me when I say the frustration is unbearable after having to do that more than a handful of times.)

Some things to know… I have a pretty decent computer. 4GB RAM, duo core processor, and great video cards. No other game, art, or basic application suffers from this, including Painter 7. Yes, I’ve updated all drivers and programs on my machine. I’ve checked multiple scratch disks and bumped up the caching. I’ve deactivated all buttons and useless clicking for my pen and also deactivated mouse acceleration.

Nothing seems to work that I can find or think of. Again, it’s just the pointer lags when activated, and it "fixes" when I zoom, but breaks again when I scroll. Nothing else is wrong with the program except this.

Advice? Cause I’m baffled.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CF
chris_farrell
Jan 11, 2009
Motherboard drivers? did you install these after you reformatted?
C
CKnigge
Jan 11, 2009
Yes. The most recent ones too.
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 11, 2009
mouse drivers? remove them. use the base os drivers. do they work? what are you using? logitech? microsoft?
C
CKnigge
Jan 11, 2009
Done. Still does it.

How would this help with the tablet having the same issues?

I also unplugged the tablet to see if it was causing the issues, but no luck. Mouse still does it.

Finally, I bumped down the resolution drastically to see if that was the problem. Nope.

I’m almost positive this is a Photoshop thing and has nothing to do with drivers or tablets or display or ram. Perhaps later today I’ll reinstall it, but I get the feeling that’s not going to help either. We’ll see.
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 11, 2009
I’m almost positive this is a Photoshop thing and has nothing to do with drivers or tablets or display or ram.

cs3 is pretty stable. if you were using cs4 i’d agree, but i think you’re missing something…

how about anti-virus? try turning that off?

are you using a network printer as system default? if so delete it and install a local printer as system default.
C
CKnigge
Jan 11, 2009
Anti-virus is off and I’ve had it on my local printer since I first reformatted. No luck.
C
CKnigge
Jan 12, 2009
Update. Reinstalled and it didn’t work. Hmmm
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 12, 2009
reset the preferences?
C
CKnigge
Jan 12, 2009
Done and nothing’s changed. I also disabled sli and updated dx and my graphics drivers, but that didn’t work either.

Oh boy.
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 12, 2009
hmm… raid? i think adobe has a raid patch for cs3, but i THINK you need to call them (cust. svc.) for it…
BL
Bob Levine
Jan 12, 2009
RAID problem were in CS2, I think.

Bob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections