N
Posted By
n._rich
Jan 10, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just upped to CS4 from CS3. How can I reduce all the extra space around my images when I open them. I presume this gray see is for canvass rotating which I will never use.

Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John Joslin
Jan 10, 2009
Press the F key to cycle through the screen modes. Also check out floating versus tabbed setting for the image windows.
N
n._rich
Jan 10, 2009
Screen modes don’t resolve the issue.

Still have a sea of grey surrounding my images.

Any other ideas?
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 10, 2009
OK, press Ctrl+0.

The space around the image windows depends on the image size and the position of the panels.
N
n._rich
Jan 10, 2009
I failed to give you enough info.

I’m working with large images (screenshots of websites) which takes up the entire screen.

So when viewing @ orig size (100%) no grey bg is present, but when you move the scrollbars they don’t stop at the egdes of the image, but rather start showing the grey photoshop bg.

CS3 didn’t work like this. When you pressed "Cntrl + Home" it would bring you to the top left of the document. Now that command brings you to greyspace.

Thanks for taking the time to help out. I really appreciate it.

Any other ideas?
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 11, 2009
I see what you mean. Never noticed it myself because in CS4 I use the cool birds-eye view that you get with the "H" key.
B
Bernie
Jan 11, 2009
Press "Home" to go to the top left corner. Using the Navigator will also stop at the image edge. But if you use the hand tool or scrollbars, you can move the image to anywhere on the screen. Quite a nice feature, I think.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections