JR
Posted By
Jonathan_Reeves
Jan 6, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m recording an action for placing guides. When prompted for values during the process I pick 50%, however the Action records the exact position on the canvas in inches instead. This means I cannot use the action on any size canvas.

Is there a way to get the action to record the actual values typed?

Or is there a way I can script this action? I’m basically just hoping to make an action that will place down 2 guides.. 1 @ 50% horiz and 1@ 50% vert. Its something I do manually at least 4 times a day when working in photoshop. It’d be really useful as a hotkey.

cheers.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JM
J_Maloney
Jan 6, 2009
Set the rulers to percentage (using prefs menu) in the action, then back to inches/mm/pix when the guides have been placed….
JR
Jonathan_Reeves
Jan 6, 2009
you’re a legend thanks. Been annoying me since cs2, wish I’d asked sooner.
JM
J_Maloney
Jan 6, 2009
🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections