EI
Posted By
Eric_Iwasaki
Jan 5, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This happens a lot using both my work PC (XP 64) and home PC (Vista 64), but not always…and I have not been able to track down exactly how to fix this.

What happens is I try to launch a batch process for RAW photos taken with my Canon EOS 5D Mark II (develop settings already set in xmp files using Adobe Camera RAW from Bridge). The actions in the batch process execute correctly, but the resulting files appear to have completely ignored my ACR develop settings. This happens if I launch the batch process in either version of Photoshop CS4 (64 or 32 bit).

My only solution is to carefully watch Photoshop as files get loaded by the batch process and abort the batch if one opens without the correct develop settings (not always easy to discern…sometimes I have to wait for the process to save the file so I can toggle back and forth between the images in Bridge). I then restart Bridge and/or Photoshop until I can start a batch process that opens the image correctly. Once a single file has opened with the correct settings, subsequent files open as expected…so the rest of the batch process will complete.

Has anyone else seen this phenomenon? This is really annoying as it never happened to me in CS or CS2.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections