Posted By
Jon_Watte
Jan 3, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently upgraded to CS4 from CS2.

When I’m drawing with the Pencil tool at high magnification (1000% or more, doing icon work), the actual pixel changed is not the pixel I click on half of the time. In fact, it often is up to 20 pixels away, so it’s not just some snapping problem. Half of the time, it doesn’t even change any pixel in my icon (presumably, trying to change a pixel outside the smallish image).

Do I call support to get this logged and have to wait for a fix? Or is there some work-around?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John Joslin
Jan 3, 2009
What option is the eyedropper set on?
JW
Jon_Watte
Jan 5, 2009
The eyedropper is default.
I noticed that when turning off graphics acceleration, I don’t have this problem, but things like moving layers around is slower than in CS2 (whereas it was nice and fast in CS4 with graphics acceleration).

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections