Posted By
Edgar_Dumea
Jan 2, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi everyone

for some reason, if "enable opengl drawing" is enabled, whenever i open up an image(it opens up at less than 100%; i.e. 25%) the image is garbled.
If i zoom in at 100%, everything looks just fine.

What I use:
Intel P4 HT @ 3GHz
Win Vista Ultimate 32bit
2GB RAM
Ati Radeon 2600 XT with 512 MB RAM

Photoshop CS3 Retail & CS4 upgrade.
Windows, Photoshop and video drivers are updated(manually checked).

Other things i tried: changing resolutions on my CRT monitor(usually i use 1600×1200; tried 2048×1578 to no avail).
I also tried disabling the opengl drawing and everything runs normally aka the images display correctly.
In other words, i believe there’s a problem with that option and display drivers. In one topic I found something similar with the resolution to let the application decide the settings to use. I’ve checked for something similar in ATI’s control panel, tried i think all 3d settings(enabling/disabling them and of course restarting photoshop to re-read the settings)…unfortunately i couldn’t get a better result.

On the other hand, my windows installation *might* be too old at this point and a reinstallation should be in order.
Anyway, if anyone has a suggestion I might as well try it out – got nothing to lose. Here is a sample of what’s happening:
<http://www.geocities.com/edi_78/test1.jpg>

Thanks for reading this.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

M
Mylenium
Jan 4, 2009
Looks like a problem with the engine trying to maintain the sharp zoom (though I could discern this being females playing volley ball somehow) 😉 If re-installing and playing with the driver settings didn’t help, then probably a full system re-install may indeed be the only way. The only other thing I can think of is turning off Vista’s visual fancies…

Mylenium
ED
Edgar_Dumea
Jan 4, 2009
yup, that’s what i was afraid of, reinstalling everything 😐 thanks for the reply

edgar

ps yup, you guessed well – they’re playing handball:)
ED
Edgar_Dumea
Jan 7, 2009
ok, here is an update:

first of all, i didn’t mention where i got the latest graphics drivers: from ATI’s driver download page. In other words, even though the card’s model was the same as the downloaded driver, for some reason *some* features weren’t enabled(i guess).

today i tried downloading the latest drivers from the card manufacturer(namely sapphiretech.com) and surprise !!! it works like a charm !

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections