TJ
Posted By
Tom_Judd
Jan 1, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m running a e-Geforce 8400 GS graphics card using dual VGA monitors. How can I select which monitor an image opens in?
I want images to open on my calibrated Lacie blue. When images open I have to drag to the orher monitor.
Running XP pro and CS4.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

M
Mylenium
Jan 2, 2009
I don’t quite follow. Applications will always be launched on the primary monitor and that’s where files will also be opened within the application. PS itself has no knowledge about your graphics system beyond the fact that it operates on a desktop area of a given size. So in effect, you will have to change the physical layout of the screens and/ or adjust your settings in NVidia Desktop manager (always open on screen X). It still may not work, though, as the NVidai manager has a mind of its own and may not even offer those tools…

Mylenium
RL
roger_leale
Jan 2, 2009
Right clicking on the desktop should open the nVidia control panel where you can identify your monitors and nominate the primary monitor. Isn’t this working for you Tom?

Roger
TJ
Tom_Judd
Jan 2, 2009
Thanks for the response.
I have made my calibrated monitor, left side, my primary monitor, #1, and monitor #2 on my right. My monitors are like this because of the way I can move the pointer from one to the other. I use the shortest, which is between the inboard side of each monitor. >||< . If I make Mon #2 the primary monitor I can only move the cursor to the other monitor, from the outboard sides. |< >|
Anyway,
When CS4 opens, I have it set to open on Mon #2 and bridge opens on #1. Each time I open a picture it opens on #2. I drag it to #1, adjust, save and close on Monitor #1. In CS3 when I did this the first time, the images would open on Mon #1 from that point on.
Know more dragging.
So I am not sure where the issue is, XP, NVidia, or CS4. By the way I have NVidia control panel set for Dualview. Display 1 of 2 + 2 of 2.
Primary 1 of 2

Tom

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections