J
Posted By
jdyb
Dec 29, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have installed Photoshop CS4 in Vista Ultimate 32 bits, in the installation i don´t have any problems.

When click to run Photoshop, Vista launch a message saing me to close de application, so i can´t start Photoshop.

Then i update de drivers of my Graphics card (ATI HD2900), and i try to start photoshop with the new drivers. The photoshop starts without problems.

I open it and i click in the right pane of styles, and Windows launch another message to close de application.

After that i start Photoshop and i read a message that says that Photoshop have desactivate the aceleration of GPU because there were some problems.

I go to the menu of performance in settings and Vista launch another message to close de application when i click in performance to open the settings.

Then i try to open another time the application and i try to open a *.png image file and i paint something in it, then i click in the "X" to close, but the application doesn´t close (i prove with "X" of the application and with the "X" of the image tab). I have to close it with de Task Manager.

Then i try to open a *.jpg image file and Vista launch another message to close the application.

I don´t know the reason of these problems, i´m trying to find something in internet.

I hope you can help me to resolve this problems, i need photoshop.

Thank you in advance.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

M
Mylenium
Dec 30, 2008
Well, under what account are you running? Sounds like you are not having the right privileges and UAC and DEP are stopping you. Also, any issues with Aero? I would at least trash the prefs one more time and check, whether the files you are trying to open actually have the right permissions on them.

Mylenium
J
jdyb
Jan 5, 2009
I´m in a Administrator account and UAC is power off. Aereo is also power off.

Thanks for your answer.
M
Mylenium
Jan 5, 2009
Have you checked that the files actually "belong" to anyone? If you reinstalled your system recently, they may have invalid security descriptors. Try to check. Right-click one of the offending files, choose "Properties", then go to the security settings tab. You should at least see 3 entries (Administrators,[your user name], System). If you see additional entries only consisting of numbers and letters, uncheck the "inherit parent folder settings" option, choose to copy all permissions in the prompt that comes up, then delete those invalid entries. In addition, you may need to set a new owner in the "Advanced" options (it should however default to Administrator after the previous steps)…

Mylenium
J
jdyb
Jan 7, 2009
All you say is ok.

I think the problem is the software of tye graphichcs card.

See this URL for more details.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b760cb/21>

Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections