RH
Posted By
Ronald_Hirsch
Dec 28, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Since installing CS4, there is a new item in the dropdown list when I right-click on my desktop

The new item is "Adobe Drive CS4". It has two items showing under it. They are "Connect to", and "New Project". The "New Project" is greyed out, even
when Photoshop CS4 is running.

Can anyone advise me what this is all about?? CS3 is still installed, but I will be removing it shortly. But it did not create any such item in the list.

Ron Hirsch

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RS
Robert_Shomler
Dec 28, 2008
Adobe Drive connects to Version Cue CS4 servers.
M
Mylenium
Dec 28, 2008
Adobe drive is a quick-access function for your Acrobat.com filesharing section. Nothing more. If you don’t have an account or are not logged in or not connected it is of no use to you.

Mylenium
RH
Ronald_Hirsch
Dec 28, 2008
OK, so I now know what it is. But why is it there in the dropdown listing? If I click on "connect to", a small window opens, And, this last time that the window opened, it actually had text in it explaining what you did explain. Previous times had nothing in the box explaining anything.

I don’t feel I have any need for Version Cue or Adobe Drive CS4, but I see no way to change anything there. I did not install Verson Cue when I installed CS4. I don’t see it in my Windows services listing, nor in the list of many startup items. I’d like to uninstall Adobe Drive CS4. I see a listing the XP programs window of "Adobe Drive CS4". But I see no path to get rid of that. Is there a path to do so?

A new search in Google turned up the following

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Any of you who have installed Adobe CS4 will know you will get a context menu entry for Adobe CS4 Drive, even if you chose not to install the actual program so effectively the entry is useless. After some googling and experimenting found two ways to remove it.

1. Install & Uninstall

Install Adobe CS4 Drive using the installer then uninstall it. This seems to get rid of it.

2. Manual Remove

Open Regedit and delete these two entries.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHa ndlers\{C95FFEAE-A32E-4122-A5C4-49B5BFB69795}
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHa ndlers\{C95FFEAE-A32E-4122-A5C4-49B5BFB69795}
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I’ll probably do the Registry editing

Ron Hirsch

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections