JP
Posted By
james_park
Dec 26, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Eventually, I updated CS4 over the exisiting CS2.
Now, Adobe folder includes both programs/files from CS2 and CS4 side by side. Now, I wish to uninstall all CS2 programs except for InDesign CS2 because I got to learn how to convert CS2 indd files into CS4 indd. ( My files are a little complicated.). If CS2 is uninstalled, CS2 InDesign will be removed. How can I selectively uninstall CS2 component programs? James

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BL
Bob Levine
Dec 26, 2008
Pop the installer CD in and follow the on screen promts.

Bob
C
Curvemeister
Dec 28, 2008
Adobe folder includes both programs/files from CS2 and CS4 side by side.

CS4 and CS2 are designed to be installed simultaneously in separate folders, but not in the same folder. I recommend that you un-install CS4 first, then CS2, and do a clean re-install of CS4.

If you are in a situation where you get errors during the un-install process, use the Adobe clean scripts for CS4, remove any remaining files manually, then do a full install.

I could not find an un-installer for CS2 – perhaps someone else can. The un-installer for CS4 is here:
<http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs4clean.html.>
BL
Bob Levine
Dec 28, 2008
I think the OP was saying that the files are in \Adobe\Photoshop CS2 and \Adobe\Photoshop CS4

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections