M
Posted By
mattadame
Dec 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Sorry for the very basic question but I never needed to do this until now. I want to round the corners of an image but can’t seem to find a function to do. Is it in the crop function or shapes? Please advise with the steps of doing it if possible. Thanks in advance for the help.

I would like to do this in photoshop CS2.

Matt

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Dec 22, 2008
Not sure what you are trying to do, But look at the Rounded Rectangle Shape. You should be able to use it to make a selection, and then a Layer Mask on your image.
M
mattadame
Dec 22, 2008
Ed,

I am trying to have rounded corners on an image, vs. the standard square corners that all images have by default. For example I want to create an image for a website banner but instead of having square corners, I want the image to have rounded corners. I have tried making a selection on the image using the rounded rectangle shape but all that seems to do is add a layer over my image that has rounded corners but my banner image still has the square corners. I tried to flatten but that didn’t work. Could you give me some more detail on using the layer mask to achieve the rounded corner effect?

Thanks,
Matt
P
Phosphor
Dec 23, 2008
Ctrl-click on the thumbnail preview of the rounded rectangle layer. That will give you a selection (marching ants) turn off visibility (the eye) on that layer and on the image Layer click the Mask icon at the bottom of the Layers palette. Save for Web.

That is just one of many ways to do what you want.

You need to learn some Photoshop basics.
M
mattadame
Dec 23, 2008
Thanks Ed. That did the trick.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections