E
Posted By
exingo
Sep 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a server in my office with 7 computers hooked up to it (macs and PCs). We store all of our .psd/.gif./.jpg files on the server and we can all read/write to it.

I want to get some software that will allow us create a searchable database of these images. So a user can type in keywords and find an image. Does anyone know of any software that will do this?

Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
commi2
Sep 16, 2003
check this out: Thumbs Plus
http://www.cerious.com/

"exingo" wrote in message
I have a server in my office with 7 computers hooked up to it (macs and
PCs). We store all of our .psd/.gif./.jpg files on the server and we can all read/write to it.
I want to get some software that will allow us create a searchable
database of these images. So a user can type in keywords and find an image. Does anyone know of any software that will do this?
Thanks.
L
Lundberg02
Sep 16, 2003
Start by going to the Canto Cumulus web site
BL
Bob Levine
Sep 16, 2003
Extensis Portfolio. You can download a fully funtional demo at www.extensis.com.

Bob
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 16, 2003
My method is probably kludgy – I use a dde link to the images in a MS Acess DB.
K
knielsen
Sep 17, 2003
My method is even more kludgy – I name all of my images by model number and job number, including the three character filetype extension as an identifier, enter all of my image names into a database file, where I can add other info like color mode and file size, and search the database when I need an image. That tells me if I do have it, where it is. After thousands of thousands of images it is a huge database, but it’s an organized system backed up on DVD’s and it works perfectly.

We’ve never lost a picture and they never get away.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections