Posted By
mj1985
Dec 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi everyone,

I got a big problem, I download the Photoshop Extended Trial Version and extracted it without any problem. But when I double-click setup.exe nothing happens. It seems to popup a window, but its gone every fast. When I open the Taskmanager I can see the setup.exe under processes, but nothing happens also after hours of waiting.

My PC:
Intel E8400
4 Gb G.Skill DDR1000
Gigabyte P35-DS3
Gecube HD3780 X-Turbo
Windows Vista x64 Ultimate
C: (NTFS) 94800 MB (18418 MB frei)
H: (NTFS) 61440 MB (27418 MB frei) <— here I extracted the Folder

What I had tried beforce:
– Installing in safe-mode = same problem
– register jscript.dll myself = same problem
– Uninstall CS3 = same problem
– Using AdobeCS3Cleaner
– Using AdobeCS3Cleaner -> found nothing…
– delete last things of CS3 with TuneUp

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Dec 18, 2008
Does it have SP1 installed?
M
mj1985
Dec 19, 2008
Of course, I installed all updates
PB
Peter_Bushby
Dec 25, 2008
Problem with CS4 Trial Version Vista 64 Home Premium

It commences to load and will do so for 30 seconds then a drop down box asks to load CS4 photoshop onto Drive C. The trial version download is already loaded onto Drive C

The only remedy is to quit as you cannot proceed

computer is new with 4 GIG memory and a 1TB hard drive
WB
William_Baer
Dec 26, 2008
You might try copying the download file to the desktop and running it from there. I had a similar issue trying to run the install file from a DVD but succeeded when I did the above. It was in Vista 32 but the issue sounds the same.
M
mj1985
Dec 26, 2008
Ok, I tried to install the trial on my parents computer with Vista Ultimate X64 and 2gb Ram , AMD Processor and ATI X1950 Pro and all works fine. Dont know why, but my parents only had Adobe Acrobat Reader installed.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Dec 26, 2008
What do you have by Adobe on your afflicted machine?

Did you try to install on "C" or "H"?
M
mj1985
Dec 26, 2008
On C: … and I tried to extract the folder on C: of course
PB
Peter_Bushby
Dec 27, 2008
From Peter Bushby
Many thanks for your suggestion to those who replied.
I have endevoured to load under the custm load by eliminating all but CS4 and its shared components. Still the same problem
I have loaded the trial version into a folder called photoshop CS4 then used setup in this folder. Set up gets to load the shared compnents but little else when it asks to load photoshop CS4 onto the C:\ drive
The programme desitination in the set up is C:\Programmes\Adobe wheras the othe adbobe programmes, CS3, including Bridge, elements5, Reader 9 is a programme file (*86)
I would appreciate any suggestions
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 27, 2008
Peter,

To avoid complications, I would have uninstalled the trial first, then run the Adobe clean-up script, followed by the installation of the full version using the default location.

This has both a 32 bit and a 64 bit component, installed as follows:

32 bit – C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4

64 bit – C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit*)

The 64 bit version will be the default on a 64 bit OS.

In your situation I would uninstall everything related to CS4, run the Adobe clean-up script and start again.

* Adobe should note that bits have a small b and Bytes have a big one!
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 27, 2008
True enough Bob but, since things might be a bit messed up there, I thought it better to start from square one.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Dec 27, 2008
I definitely agree with JJ.

Also, the (x86) is a 64 bit expression, not 32. I am constantly forgetting that when working with problems at 64 bit. 🙁
BL
Bob Levine
Dec 27, 2008
There’s no benefit I can think of to uninstalling the trial. Just add a valid serial number and you’re done.

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections