TH
Posted By
Tim_Horning
Dec 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am testing the trial version of CS4 and am having mixed results with the Auto-Align feature. Locking a layer to use as a reference layer is supposed to force the unlocked layer(s) to align with it, but that’s not what I’m seeing. About half of the time, the locked layer shifts out of position.

I am taking a daily photo out my window to later be compiled into a slideshow of the changing seasons. The camera is on a tripod, but there are still tiny variances between shots that need to be tweaked so the images lock tightly together for a smooth transition.

My first photo is my reference layer, and I need to align all of the subsequent shots to it. All of my images are stacked in a single PSD, and when I place the new photo into the stack and try to align it with the original reference layer (or any other previously aligned and locked layer), the locked "reference" layer will sometimes shift during the alignment process.

…. frustrating.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections