AW
Posted By
Alan_Wheeler
Dec 16, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have tried unsuccessfully to extract the trial download of PS CS4 extended. I have downloaded both files from adobe.com, but upon lauching the adobe extractor, the progress bar reaches 100% and displays the error "An error ocurred please check you have enough memory and right privliges on the destination folder"

My machine is running XP SP2, INtel PIV with 2 gig of ram.

I am succesfully downloaded and installed Dreamwever CS4 with problems.

Trying google a couple of people have had problems they think with the downloaded files from adobe being currupt, abd I wondered whether I may be suffering the same fate with the files I have downloaded.

Hvaing checked those files that have extracted in the destination folder

C:\Documents and Settings\Alan.ALAN-33C123774C\Desktop\Adobe CS4

Some files seem to extracted ok but many have file size of ZERO KB

Any help or assistance would be great.

Cheers

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 16, 2008
sounds corrupt to me, with the 0 byte files.

also i think i only got 2 files down. one big honkin data file and an extraction utility.
B
Buko
Dec 17, 2008
Well if it were me I would download it again to see it I got a different result
AW
Alan_Wheeler
Dec 17, 2008
I have tried downloading the files now 5 times but still get the same error. Perhaps adobe if they read this can confirm whether their files are intact????
AW
Alan_Wheeler
Dec 17, 2008
UPDATE – within the larger file (8815mb) I think I have established the currupt or damaged file/archive:

Extracting Adobe CS4\extensions\AdobePhotoshop11-fr_CA\Assets\_1360_696807bde b1695f530d6e9da439891d1 Data error

So it would appear that the PS CS4 trial is indeed CURRUPT.

NIce one adobe. Hope you dont mind if I DONT rush to part with my cash.

Tried 7 times now to download the trial with exactly the same results everytime.

All their online help doesnot address the issue.

Is or has anyone else suffered the same fate??

Cheers
SG
steve_guilhamet
Dec 18, 2008
Hi Alan,

Which language did you select to download?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections