RM
Posted By
Roger_Marken
Dec 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using CS4, and my clone tool will act up every once in a while by cloning to an area that I have not gone over. I will be cloning and then when I start an area, nothing happens to the area cloned (the area I am trying to cover over with selected area), then suddenly another area of the photo will show the clone.

Has anyone had this problem, and know how to fix it? I have reset my settings by doing a CTRL, Shift, ALT at startup and that doesn’t fix the problem.

Roger

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

ID
Ian_Dunster
Dec 18, 2008
Hi Roger.

Open the Clone Source panel and de-select ‘Show Overlay’. This fixed a similar issue for me.
AC
andy_comins
Dec 18, 2008
The clone and healing tools aren’t working in CS4/Windows XP. The copy I loaded on an HP laptop with Vista is fine.
Thoughts?
P
ProArtist
Dec 18, 2008
Yeah i had all kinds of performance problems with the clone tools.
RM
Roger_Marken
Dec 20, 2008
Thanks Ian, that seems to do the trick.

Roger
LF
Larry_Flagg
Dec 22, 2008
Can I ask a question in this panel? I have CS 4 which I just bought, the disk that came with it only has a few minutes of tutorial on it and wants to go online, I don’t have my PC on line, nor do I have the capability on any of the 5 PC’s. I don’t seem to be able to find the CLONE SOURCE PANEL, so can’t try the de-select "Show Overlay". Can you tell me where it is? Thanks, Larry Flagg
WE
Wolf_Eilers
Dec 22, 2008
I don’t seem to be able to find the CLONE SOURCE PANEL

Window > Clone Source.

Or toggle the Clone Source icon on the Clone Stamp tool bar.
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 22, 2008
Clone Stamp tool bar

That would be the Clone Stamp Options bar
LF
Larry_Flagg
Dec 23, 2008
Thanks Wof, that was exactly what I needed to know. Again Thanks a Million. Larry Flagg
J
judyknights
Jan 9, 2009
Judy K
My problem with the clone tool on PC – XP is that it will pick up the colour but does not want to ‘lay it down’.
I did actually have it working OK for about 3 minutes then it reverted. Has anyone had this problem? I have tried switching ‘overlay’ on and off but to no real effect. Any ideas???

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections