MC
Posted By
Martin_Coleman
Dec 12, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I wonder if you might be able to help me choose a flat screen monitor.

I have a winXP set up with and ATI Radeon X800 graphics card. I currently use a Lacie 22 Blue as my main monitor and a cheapo flatscreen to make it a two monitor set up. The Lacie is about 5 years old and I would like more desk space.

I would like to go to a 24 inch flat screen.

I don’t understand all the techie stuff about monitors and I have been reading. Most reviews I’ve seen to do with monitors seem geared towards viewing HD video and video editing. I only work with photos.

I can’t afford those high-end monitors although salivate when I see ’em.

I have about £400 to £500 to spend.

I use Photoshop CS4.

Thanks

Martin

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BL
Bob Levine
Dec 12, 2008
I don’t know what Dell has to offer in the UK but check out the Dell UltraSharp line. Either the 22" or 24" should be within your budget.

Bob
B
Bigguy
Dec 12, 2008
Bob Levine wrote:
I don’t know what Dell has to offer in the UK but check out the Dell UltraSharp line. Either the 22" or 24" should be within your budget.
Bob
What he said… 😉

G
DC
David_Calvert
Dec 12, 2008
Try the Viewsonic VP range. I use them and they are very good.
JG
Jeff_Gillispie
Dec 12, 2008
I bought a CTL 22" Flat Screen Model 220UW for $250.00, not the best monitor but for the price a very good deal. Of course I got it here in the US from www.pugetsystems.com so I have no idea what shipping would run (lots…).
RN
Raheel Nusratullah
Dec 13, 2008
On Dec 12, 7:54 am, wrote:
I wonder if you might be able to help me choose aflatscreenmonitor.
I have a winXP set up with and ATI Radeon X800 graphics card. I currently use a Lacie 22 Blue as my mainmonitorand a cheapo flatscreen to make it a twomonitorset up. The Lacie is about 5 years old and I would like more desk space.

I would like to go to a 24 inchflatscreen.

I don’t understand all the techie stuff about monitors and I have been reading. Most reviews I’ve seen to do with monitors seem geared towards viewing HD video and video editing. I only work with photos.

I can’t afford those high-end monitors although salivate when I see ’em.
I have about £400 to £500 to spend.

I use Photoshop CS4.

Thanks

Martin

Amazon has a lot of great deals, and many of the monitors listed there run for a decent price. I’d personally recommend Samsung and Viewsonic. In the 24" range monitors are actually quite cheap and are still of great quality, I’d say maybe around 250-400 bucks.

You can also check out http://flatscreencomputermonitor.com for some more information.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections