Posted By
Marco_Pais
Dec 11, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there.

I have isntalled PS CS4 but 3D menu is disable. What can be the problem?

Regards.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

M
Mylenium
Dec 12, 2008
What are your document settings? 3D stuff only works in RGB, so if you are in CMYK or Lab this is a no go.

Mylenium
MP
Marco_Pais
Dec 12, 2008
Thanks for replying.

Nop, I’m in RGB 32 bits mode. Can it be related with my video card (nvidia go 7400)?
CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 13, 2008
Do you have Photoshop CS4 Extended (the version with 3D features) or not?
MP
Marco_Pais
Dec 14, 2008
Yes, that’s the version.
M
Mylenium
Dec 15, 2008
Mmh, funky. Apart from the things I already mentioned, I see no reason why the 3D menu should be unavailable… Sorry, I have no idea what could be wrong. The graphics card should be no problem. If it isn’t supported, even the 3D stuff would simply fall back into software-only mode and still be usable (slow as hog, though)…

Mylenium
MP
Marco_Pais
Dec 15, 2008
Well… I find it strange too. I started this post to find if someone else had already this problem… I guess not 🙁
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 15, 2008
Have you tried clicking on "Show all menu items"? You may be in a non-standard workspace with limited menu visibility.
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Dec 15, 2008
I don’t have the extended version, but is the 32 bit colour depth perhaps an issue?

Rob
MP
Marco_Pais
Dec 15, 2008
3D menu items are there, but are disabled… that’s the problem. I have tried 8, 16 and 32 bits, both in CMYK and RGB mode. I have uninstalled and installed again. I will try to install it on another machine…
SG
steve_guilhamet
Dec 15, 2008
How much RAM is in your machine?
MP
Marco_Pais
Dec 15, 2008
2GB. Can’t get this thing to work…
T
tawartist
Jan 21, 2009
got the same problem to marco. i have set my image mode to rgb 32 bits, but no luck. i havent been able to use any 3d menu ites (the 3d menu is there, but i cant click any items off the menu)
S
shariukas
Feb 15, 2009
So… did anybody find a solution? I still have a problem on this…
DE
David_E_Crawford
Feb 15, 2009
I would think not due to lack of postings. My 3d menu is always there and works as advertised so I cannot give you any help. I would call adobe tech support as they may have the answers or troubleshoot with you.
JL
J_Luis
Feb 25, 2009
I’ve had the same problem the graphics card I have on this computer is a GeForce FX 5700VE (It’s an oldie) but I downloaded the latest driver on the Nvidia website.. and it works now.. 3D menu is enabled, this is something to try if you haven’t already

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections