TC
Posted By
Tony_Corneto
Dec 9, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using the line tool in CS4 and want to create a simple line of one color. Whether I use a pixel weight of 1 or 20 I get a shadow effect instead of a single color. Can someone please enlighten me to what I’m sure is a simple solution? I’ve linked a screen shot below. Thanks!

<http://e.imagehost.org/0349/LINE_10.jpg>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John Joslin
Dec 9, 2008
What option are you using?

Are you using anti-aliasing?

What resolution?
F
Freeagent
Dec 9, 2008
Vectors don’t snap to pixels. Those "shadows" seem to be the result of the paths not lining up precisely with the pixel rows.

Now if I could only find that post by Phos where he explained all this…
P
Phosphor
Dec 9, 2008
Phos±four dots, "Strange border on shape and other layers" #9, 15 Nov 2008 9:28 am </webx?14/8>
P
Phosphor
Dec 9, 2008
Not to toot my horn or anything, but that post, and a condensed, comprehensive version of the question that prompted me to answer might be a good addition to the FAQ section.
F
Freeagent
Dec 9, 2008
Thanks Phos. That’s the one.

Adding this to the FAQ is a good idea. It comes up regularly.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections