Posted By
Alcides_Segovia
Dec 9, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello Developers and artist.

I am a Texture Designer I specialize on Flight Simulator X aircraft and add on available for this, I have come to a dilemma where, I want to put on the aircraft small text like EXIT Or CAUTION but the problem is it gets pixilated after I set the size smaller then 1 PX I started out using a 72 DPI on a PSD File and then tried increasing the DPI to 300 and 1000 but all it did was create a bigger font when I selected a 10 PX font. I have searched all over google, yahoo you name it and I cant find an answer if anyone can help please let me know,Thank you

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

WE
Wolf_Eilers
Dec 9, 2008
First thing first. What do plan on doing with the file? Print it? What print dimensions? Show on the web? How large is the image?
AS
Alcides_Segovia
Dec 9, 2008
Well Actually, It is a Texture File to show on the Game Flight Simulator X, The Dimension of this texture template is 2668×690 the DPI i think its called was a 72 by default,but i increased it to 300 to see if i can get small text to it but it only made the text larger on smaller pixel settings. So I read that what im trying to do was already done by someone and he says how he does it.

"The difference between these two is the pixels per meter ratio. Where most payware (and freeware) developers issue paintkits that average between 40 and 60 pixels per meter, we build taylor made kits sporting between 101 and 200 pixels per meter (HDT) and 201 and upwards pixels per meter (UHDT), doubling or sometimes even quadrupling the ratio and with that : the level of detail. Basically it is creating aircraft textures that are high in detail, high in quality, but without needing a NASA issued mainframe to run them

This is what I want to do Be able to create a new paintkit with really small text without them getting all blurred up. For example on all aircraft on the door it says EXIT on the exterior but to the human eye it is small on a big aircraft for me to recreate that I have to set a 1.00pt or LESS so that it can be the sme but it gets pixilated.

Hope this helps thanks for replying.
DM
Don_McCahill
Dec 9, 2008
You are never going to get readable letters at less than 1 pixel. You will need a minimum of 4 pixels to get decent shapes, and probably 6 is more realistic. Search google for pixel font to find some that might work for you.
AS
Alcides_Segovia
Dec 10, 2008
Thanks Don What Im trying to do is a High Definition Texture for Video Game, But I have yet to find a solution, Thank you anyway for you quick reply.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections