SK
Posted By
Stefan_Klein
Dec 8, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The color picker in CS4 has 2 options: "actual layer" and "all layers". I get the same values on multilayered documents no matter what option I take. Can anyone confirm that? Btw., I have a german version of CS4.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

SK
Stefan_Klein
Dec 12, 2008
Anyone? Is that a bug and if yes, where can I report a bug?
F
Freeagent
Dec 12, 2008
Doesn’t happen here.

"Current Layer" dives right down to the selected layer and picks the values on that layer, even if there are other visible layers above it.
SK
Stefan_Klein
Dec 12, 2008
Okay, maybe I`m doing something wrong, but neither resetting the tool nor resetting the preferences helped.
Let`s assume I have 2 layers:
background: white
layer 1: black, but with opacity 50%.
I get RGB values of 127, 127, 127. No matter which layer is active and wether the tool is set to "current layer" or "all layers".
I guess I should get 255, 255, 255, if the tool is set to "current layer" and `the white background layer is active.
F
Freeagent
Dec 12, 2008
I guess I should get 255, 255, 255, if the tool is set to "current layer" and `the white background layer is active.

Sorry, but that’s what I get…
SK
Stefan_Klein
Dec 12, 2008
Okay, so itΒ΄s a bug in the german version. Do you know where I can report bugs?
F
Freeagent
Dec 12, 2008
Well then it’s not a bug, it’s…hey, John, what’s bug in German? πŸ˜‰

Anyway, it’s here:

<http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform>

Don’t expect any feedback.
SK
Stefan_Klein
Dec 13, 2008
Freeagent,
I have to admit that I made a mistake. If I use the colorpicker to select a foreground color it acts as it is supposed to.
What I did before is …. I used the colorpicker to sample colors for the info palette. And the values in the info palette ignore the color picker options.

Stefan
F
Freeagent
Dec 14, 2008
Stefan,

We all make mistakes – and a lot bigger than yours – but only people with real integrity will admit it straight up!

Sorry about my little joke. I hope you didn’t take offense, none was intended.
SK
Stefan_Klein
Dec 14, 2008
No need to feel sorry, what would life be without jokes? πŸ˜‰ And thanks for your help anyway!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups πŸ”₯

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections