ES
Posted By
Erwin_Straehley
Dec 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have just installed PSCS4. The first time or two it launched without a hitch. Now when I launch it I get two messages before it is apparently stable. The first message is: "Owl Orphanage: Photoshop.exe unable to locate command. This application failed to start because CoreFoundation.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." Click OK to acknowledge this message three times and the following message appears. "Could not load MMX Core Routines module because it does not work with this version of Photoshop." Acknowledge this message once and Photoshop CS4 loads apparently OK.
I am running WindowsXPSP3 on an Intel Core2Duo. Photoshop CS3 is also installed on this machine. I have no problems with it. Can anyone tell me about this and how to get rid of it? Thanks in advance.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 6, 2008
you can’t take old versions of ps plugins and use them in the new version. sounds like you either copied them in, or pointed your secondary plugin folder at an old version.
ES
Erwin_Straehley
Dec 6, 2008
You’re right. I did point the secondary plug-in to my CS3 installation. I removed the pointer and all is well. Thank you for spotting it. I’ve also spent the morning updating my plug-ins.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 6, 2008
🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections