JG
Posted By
Jonas_Grumby
Dec 4, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using CS3 with Win XP Pro and a client has asked me to justify some text. The text is on a layer by itself and there is only one paragraph. I’ve tried selecting the layer as well as selecting the text and going into the paragraph palette, but when I click any of the justification icons nothing happens and the icon does not show that it has been selected. It as if the icons don’t work at all. If I click the down arrow on the paragraph palette and choose Justification… I get some options but no matter what numeric values I put in there the text is still not justified.

So how do I do it?

Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BL
Bob Levine
Dec 5, 2008
Did you create a text frame before typing or just click and type?

Bob
DM
Don_McCahill
Dec 5, 2008
More detail.

Double click on the T icon in the text layer to select all the text. Copy it.

Drag a rectangle with the text tool the width you want the paragraph. Paste the copied text in. If there were hard returns in it, you need to delete them. Select justified text from the paragraph palette.

Delete the original text layer.
JG
Jonas_Grumby
Dec 5, 2008
I didn’t create the frame. The help file doesn’t say anything about that. It worked perfectly. Thanks!

wrote in message
More detail.

Double click on the T icon in the text layer to select all the text. Copy it.

Drag a rectangle with the text tool the width you want the paragraph. Paste the copied text in. If there were hard returns in it, you need to delete them. Select justified text from the paragraph palette.
Delete the original text layer.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections