BS
Posted By
Burton_Stuttman
Dec 4, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to configure Bridge to open with the last used directory? My Bridge opens to the directory it was on when I first saved my workspace and I would like it to open with the last used.
Burton Stuttman

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JJ
John Joslin
Dec 4, 2008
I would like it to open with the last used.

That is what it does here!
DN
David_Nicol
Dec 6, 2008
Me too. It opens on the last used directory.
DT
dianne_taylor-misztela
Dec 8, 2008
John & David
Do you have bridge set to launch at start up?
I do and have found that if you want it to open in your last used folder,you need to exit bridge before you shut down not just close it.
I think bridge should automatically exit at shut down making one less step for the user.

D
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 8, 2008
I think bridge should automatically exit at shut down making one less step for the user.

Definitely not a good idea!
DT
dianne_taylor-misztela
Dec 8, 2008
Sorry if I am being dense on this John…but why not?
D
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 8, 2008
If the computer shuts down when Bridge is doing something (which may not be evident), files, eg preferences and caches, can be corrupted and cause malfunctions next time the application is opened. Same for Photoshop.
F
Freeagent
Dec 8, 2008
But isn’t that the whole point?

With Bridge set to autostart, it should close before computer shutdown. As it is, you have to close Bridge from the systray first.
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 8, 2008
I don’t think so.

I close each Adobe app with a right-click in the Task Bar. And I wait until they’ve cleaned up.
DT
dianne_taylor-misztela
Dec 8, 2008
Does bridge not finish its operations if I shut down without exiting (just close)? I would have waited for the finish of any operations I had instigated before shutting down anyhow. The current behaviour is not what I would have expected. D

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections