M
Posted By
martinexena
Dec 1, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can buy this version. I’m currently a student at an evening school. During the day I’m working.

Can I buy and register this educ version although I only go to school in the evenings?

My school/course will end in January 2009.

Thanks for informing me.

Kind regards
Martine

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 1, 2008
Can I buy and register this educ version although I only go to school in the evenings?

yup!

My school/course will end in January 2009.

HURRY!!! 🙂
B
Buko
Dec 1, 2008
where are you buying this version from CS2 is no longer sold it is 2 versions old by now. you can Buy CS4.

If you are buying it used don’t educational and academic licenses are not transferable.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 1, 2008
oops. missed the cs2 part. yes. cs4 is current.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 1, 2008
also know that if you buy the suite, you’re stuck with the suite for upgrade purposes. if you just want photoshop (in the future) you might be better off sticking with just that. suite upgrade prices are quite a bit more than single program upgrade prices.
M
martinexena
Dec 2, 2008
Alright So the best for me is to go for CS3 or CS4 and no educ version thus.

I only need Photoshop.

Any advise where to buy it at a decent price?

Many thanks for all your help.

Martine
DM
Don_McCahill
Dec 2, 2008
So the best for me is to go for CS3 or CS4 and no educ version thus

Where did you get that from? You can only get CS4. CS3 is just as extinct as CS2 (although there may be a few copies of the former still in the supply chain).

And there is no reason not to get the educational version. You would be crazy not to, if you qualify. It is a third the price of the full version, and there is no handicap. Just make sure you only get the Photoshop version, not the suite.
JT
John_T_Smith
Dec 2, 2008
< http://www.studica.com/products/product_detail.cfm?productid =58382>

Read carefully… it LOOKS like you buy a license and disc separately, so you might want to call them to find out
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 2, 2008
< http://www.adobe.com/education/purchasing/education_pricing. html>

looks like photoshop cs4 extended edu version is going for: US$299

that page explains it all.
M
martinexena
Dec 3, 2008
I got an offer info from Adobe regarding Upgrade to CS4 web premium

As I do have Studio 8 I could benefit of 250 USD but ………..

On the Adobe site it first says upgrade from USD599. If you go further on that link it says all of a sudden USD 785.29.
And for the 250 USD it says a benefit of 250USD for eligeble upgrades.

So if I understand it the upgrade is not 599 but 785.29 USD and the reduction of 250 USD is only when it comes to futur upgrades.
Or can this 250 USD be deducted from the actual buying price.

It is quite confusing.

Going from Studio 8 with dreamweaver 8 to CS4 would be great as the whole packet will be upgraded then and I get Photoshop CS4 as well. But those price confusions!!!!!!
DM
Don_McCahill
Dec 3, 2008
You might want to make your order with Adobe by phone. (As another thread recently mentioned, get the name of the customer service rep that you deal with in case they lead you astray).

Also, remember the message a few threads back … if you get the suite you get all that other great software, but you are forced to always upgrade to a full suite. You won’t be able to get only Photoshop, at about a third the price each upgrade.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections