CS4 PSE – Can you unwrap the UV map of a 3D shpere?

JH
Posted By
James_Hooey
Dec 1, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to start with a regular 2D layer…

Wrap it to a 3D sphere and clone out the seam and correct the look of the poles of the sphere.

Can I now unwrap the 3D sphere back to a rectangular 2D image in CS4 Photoshop Extended? If not in PS can I export as a 3D file and unwrap in Blender?????

Help please as I have asked on 4 different forums to no avail!!!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

M
malojo
Dec 1, 2008
Hi,

I am not sure what you mean.
Do you want to get the corrected image back? This is possible. You just have do click (double) on the desired texture ( in layers ) when you are ready. A new window with the texturename.psb opens. Save it and you are done.
If you want to use the image back in a 3d environment then you should apply the uv coordinates in the 3d environment, import the 3d file and do your texture tweaks ( this way is great to remove seams ;); but save regulary. Sometimes it crashes ). This is because PS has only a basic unwrapper without any options or modifications you could choose.
It is very unlikely that the PS uv’s match the uv’s within your 3d application. If you need to export the 3d layer you can also do this ( 3d -> export 3dlayer ) but you are limited to the file formats dae, kms, u3d and obj ). I never tried this so I do not know how good this is.

Let me know if this helps or if I am really on the wrong side.

Regards
Matthias
JH
James_Hooey
Dec 1, 2008
thanks Matthias,

Your were right on track with me wanting to save the corrected image. Works great!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections