RK
Posted By
Ronald Keller
Nov 29, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have CS4 demo which is the EXTENDED version but soon my boxed STANDARD version will arrive. How should I proceed?

1. remove the try-out and install the boxed version – or
2. install over the try-out – or
3. simply fill in the serial number that will come with the boxed version?

Thanks,

Ronald

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JJ
John Joslin
Nov 29, 2008
Any of the above might work but, in view of the problems some are having, I would remove the trial; use the clean-up script, and then do a fresh install from the box.
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 29, 2008
I respectfully disagree…Since it’s all working fine just use the serial number in the box

seconded. i wouldn’t run the installer any more than necessary. if it works, stick with it!
BL
Bob Levine
Nov 29, 2008
I respectfully disagree…Since it’s all working fine just use the serial number in the box. The app will lose the extended features and you’ll have the standard version.

Bob
RK
Ronald Keller
Nov 30, 2008
I will try with simply filling in the serial number.
I can always go John’s route if anything goes wrong.

Thanks to all of you!

Ronald
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 30, 2008
Let us know!
B
Buko
Nov 30, 2008

2. install over the try-out

No can do if you want to reinstall any prior version must be completely removed by uninstalling or with the CS4 clean script.

I’d start with Bob’s advice.
RK
Ronald Keller
Dec 2, 2008
Update

Filling in the serial number did’nt work: it was not accepted. Not sure why but maybe because I purchased the upgrade version…

Then I deinstalled the demo and rebooted.

Inserted the DVD and guess what… my computer could not read the disk (nor the second one with the training videos).
Never before had I any problems with the drive (Plextor burner). Anyway I tried the disk on my wife’s computer which caused no problems, copied all the files to my computer and managed to install PS with no further problems.

All is well that ends well…

Ronald
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 2, 2008
All is well that ends well…

i’ll say! 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections