when openong photoshop cs4- could not complete your request because wrong kind of document

GD
Posted By
Georgina_Dexter
Nov 26, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi
I’ve just installed the free trial of photoshop cs4.. with much difficulty! Firstly it was saying please install adobe file exe? which I don’t have a clue how to do. But I managed to install photoshop and thought I was getting somewhere, but now it keeps popping up with couldn’t complete your request because it’s the wrong kind of document? It allows me to go into photoshop but I can’t seem to do anything? Can anyone help?
I’m a novice with computers so please bear this in mind when you respond. Many thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

F
Freeagent
Nov 26, 2008
First of all, what kind of file are you trying to open? What’s the extension (as in "picture.jpeg", "picture.psd" etc)? Is it a raw file from your camera? All of them?

How are you trying to open them – through File > open or by double-clicking in Bridge? What happens if you double-click the file in Windows Explorer?

Do you have earlier versions of Photoshop already installed? Do they open there?

Lots of stuff we need to know… 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections