Photoshop Text: How to increase the Bold size of Text?

KL
Posted By
Kaysa_Law
Nov 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I am trying to insert text on my image, (by using photoshop 7.0). I know there is a default style button, "Faux Bold’, to simulate the bold style. But I would like to increase the Bold size, is there any way I could do that?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JM
J_Maloney
Nov 24, 2008
Use a stroke layer effect. Be sure to preview at 100% zoom.
BC
Bart_Cross
Nov 24, 2008
Kaysa: Better if you got a real bold font, the problem with using a stroke is that the min stroke is 1pt, but you really need less, no more than .5pt because the applied stroke will overlap the other letters. I cannot recall if you can in PS7, but increase the letterspacing for legibility.
KL
Kaysa_Law
Nov 27, 2008
I tried to limit the stroke size at 0.5px, but the min px is 1px. I afraid it is the limitation of PS7.

Hi Bart Cross, how could i get the real bold font? Mind to elaborate more? Thanks..
M
Mylenium
Nov 27, 2008
Depending on what font you use, you may wish to follow procedures and purchase a different font weight. Most professional fonts come as entire families and provide options from light to heavy… Since you will only need one weight, I’m sure you could afford spending those 20 or 40 bucks… Likewise, you can almost always find a font similar to your current one as a replacement.

Mylenium
CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 2, 2008
Bold isn’t a size – it’s a definition in the typeface.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections