Nov 21, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Where might the rest be?

Rob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

T
Telemanr
Nov 21, 2008
I found them but I’m still puzzled that the installed version of PS CS4 had a default pattern library of two patterns.

Rob
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 21, 2008
Maybe they thought, "Why clutter the panel up with patterns people aren’t going to use?"
T
Telemanr
Nov 21, 2008
Then why offer a library of other patterns?

Why not at least have one of them loaded?
AJ
Adam_Jerugim
Nov 21, 2008
Each pattern loaded on launch requires more resources from your system. We changed the default # of patterns loaded to reduce the amount of RAM & scratch used when you launch PS. Feel free to add them back as you wish 🙂

-Adam
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 21, 2008
Just think, they’d have to decide which one. (And I bet everyone has his own favourite!)

You might guess that I don’t use patterns. 😉

Edit: Just saw Adam’s post which confirmed my thoughts. 🙂 )
T
Telemanr
Nov 22, 2008
The reason I asked in the first place was because of Deke McClelland’s new book "CS4 one-on-one" which I was following absolutely faithfully…used patterns at one point. And they simply weren’t there. He must have been using a pre-release when they were there because he doesn’t indicate any "looking for them" which I had to do. Mind you none of the supplied sets of patterns (once I found them) are quite the same as the one he shows.
I will speak sternly to him about this.

Rob
LB
LAMA_Beats
Jan 15, 2009
Please let me know how you did this, I will keep looking and respond if i find it.
CC
Chris_Cox
Jan 15, 2009
Did you load any patterns? If not, there won’t be many….
LB
LAMA_Beats
Jan 16, 2009
If you mean load b installing them are downloading than, maybe not, if You mean load as in changing a setting, no
I have no idea what I am doing, I am trying to follow online instructions and it seems that I am suppose to have patterns automatically. And all I have is two.
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 16, 2009
dave milbut, "Pattern, Texture, .Pat File" #4, 15 Jan 2009 5:40 pm </webx?14/3>
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 16, 2009
in cs4 the folder is probably:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Presets\Patterns

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections