how can i get message telling me my batches have completed?

M
Posted By
mach888888
Nov 21, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using photoshop cs3. I like to run batch actions on various numbers of images. Is there anyway to get a popop or a messege of some kind even if a homade jpg that popups or gives me a clue that the batch actions have completed?
I would like to have some kind of message or something that i can use to trigger another activity after the batch has run.
thanks for any ideas

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JM
J_Maloney
Nov 21, 2008
I’ve created a text file, hexedited it with jpg headers and dropped it in the source folder with the last name. When PS chokes on it, the action’s done.
F
Freeagent
Nov 21, 2008
When you hear a screeching noise from your machine followed by dead silence, you know your action’s done… B-)
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 21, 2008
when you can fry eggs on the outside case because your processor overheated, you know you’re a redneck. done.
M
Mylenium
Nov 22, 2008
If you are seriously interested in this functionality, you might want to get a script. I’m not into PS scripting, but it is probably just a few lines of code like this (pseudocode):

app.runAction("myAction")
app.execute("C:\Program Files\winamp\winamp.exe -finished.mp3")

Needs just to be properly fleshed out, so I’d ask on the respective sub-forum.

Mylenium

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections