T
Posted By
Telemanr
Nov 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This feature sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t. For instance I just opened two photos and tried to use Arrange Docs clicking on the side by side choice. Nothing happens. Tried this several times.
Then I hit F three times to cycle through and get back to normal view. Tried Arrange Docs side by side once again and it worked.

Shut down PS Cs4 and opened it again and brought in the same two pictures and Arrange worked right away.

But I know it will fail again as it has on many occasions in the last few days. I can’t predict when it will work.

My video card does not support GPU. It’s an Invidia GSX5500. Could that be the reason?

Rob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

M
Mylenium
Nov 18, 2008
No. These issues occur on other systems as well. However, there is no clear way to reproduce this, so it never got resolved during testing. I’ve had this happen a number of times. In my cases it seems to depend on how long the program has been used without switching layouts and possibly whether e.g. the adjustment panel has been used multiple times during a session. but as I said – this is sporadic and seems arbitrary. I’d keep watching it and when you encounter a situation where it makes sense, write a note on the bug report form ( <http://www.adobe.com/go/wish> ).

Mylenium
T
Telemanr
Nov 18, 2008
Thanks. At least I know it’s not just me.
I’ll try to make some sense of when it happens, but it is so sporadic as to be almost impossible.

Rob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections