CS4 Install Error – … write privileges … ???

RF
Posted By
Rudy_Fischer
Nov 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
During the extraction of the upgrade version of CS4 (about 95-100% completed) I got the error "A problem occurred while extracting some files. Check available space on your computer and the write privileges on the destination folder". I have 690GB free on a 750GB drive so I know space is not a problem. I’m running XP w SP3. Any ideas on how to resolve?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

M
Mylenium
Nov 17, 2008
But is there any limitation or quota on your temp directory? Please check C:\Documents and Settings\Rudy\Local Settings\Temp. Clean out the directory if necessary and attempt another install. Also check the status of system restore, updates and the trash can. It may be advisable to clean them out, too. Unfortunately Windows has some not so smart automatisms for all this stuff and chokes on itself, so to speak, under some circumstances. A good way to cover all those aspects is the use of CCcleaner, a freely available third-party tool.

Mylenium
RF
Rudy_Fischer
Nov 17, 2008
Thanks for the reply. I have 2 cleaning programs – Window Washer and System Mechanic. My temp files are almost non-existant. I’m not sure how to check the limits of my temp directory though.
FM
Fred M Stevens
Nov 18, 2008
try disabling background apps and services and then try it. see [http://www.adobe.com/go/kb404984] for the right steps.

also, try in a new admin user. if you normally log into a network domain (like, if you’re in an office/corporate environment), try in a local admin acccount (ask your IT department if you have to for permission to create a local account).

also, are you extracting from the same drive that you’re extracting to? is it an internal or external drive? try from an internal drive with adequate free space

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections