WS
Posted By
William Stigman
Nov 16, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I have installed CS4 Suite. I opened in photoshop some documents created in cs3. A client wanted a different font so I highlighted the text and selected the font window as I used to do in CS3 and previous versions and used the down arrow to toggle through the fonts when I got a ping and the fonts would not move to the next font in the list or go back.

Notes: the window was blank, and when I clicked on the pull down window I could see all the fonts I selected one and the font in the document changed.

So I up arrowed back to the font and the same thing happens.

It would appear that some fonts are not compatible with CS4????

I have about 30 or so fonts that will not work with any CS4 product, but all other software programs see and uses these fonts fine.

Has anyone else had any problems with missing fonts?????

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BC
Bart_Cross
Nov 17, 2008
What particular fonts and what font type?
M
Mylenium
Nov 17, 2008
Are they bitmap fonts perhaps? Could also be some very old TrueTypes with ugly Panose info and names… Not sure. If you could provide more details, it surely would help to crack this riddle.

Mylenium
VB
Vinod Balakrishnan
Nov 18, 2008
Looks like you have some valid text in the Type layer and got stuck with one of those symbol fonts like Digbats/WebDings. You got stuck with these fonts since you have the "Missing Font Protection" checked in the Type preference panel. If you turn off the "Missing Glyph Protection" in the Type preference, the problem will go away.

-Vinod
Photoshop Engineer
RD
Ray_Daley
Mar 2, 2009
Vinod,
Thank you for posting this, I have been going crazy trying to figure this out. I got used to being able to scroll through the different fonts actively changing the document text at the same time. Before finding this post it was almost impossible to do so, it would hang on almost all of my fonts that had symbols in them as well as some others.

Now it works like it used to!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections