BR
Posted By
Brett_Rule
Nov 16, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have PS 6.0.1. yes I know its an old version but it does everything i require so I have no need for upgrade.

One of the main function i use it for is adjusting curves. recently I have noticed when i open a jpg and select adjustment/curves. Photoshop automatically selects the eyedropper tool and the curves window is NOT displayed. When i attempt to do anything i get the windows error bell/noise. The only way i can carry on is by selecting escape on my keyboard.

This also happens if i attempt to add a curves adjustment layer. The eyedropper tool becomes selected and no curve adjustment window is displayed.

I couldn’t find anything on google about this issue. Previously the curves adjustments worked fine for me and ive tried several different rgb images. I also tried resetting all tools.

Has anyone got any ideas what could be causing this.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Nov 16, 2008
see this faq on missing dialogs:
<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.1de62d18/0>

if that doesn’t help reset the preferences:
<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef4a07f/1>
C
Curvemeister
Nov 17, 2008
Reset your prefs by holding out ctrl-alt-shift during startup. More than likely the curves window is remembering its location, and it’s off screen.

Nothing wrong with PS6. I keep it installed because it was the last version before activation was instituted. This way, I am guaranteed some Photoshop functionality in the event of an activation mishap when I do not have access to the Internet.
BR
Brett_Rule
Nov 17, 2008
thanks dave and curvemeister. reseting prefs during start up corrected the issue. thought i was going mad for a minute there!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections