Posted By
malojo
Nov 16, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there,

there are some icons missing regarding the control if the opened files ( see attached image link ). I tried reinstall but without success.

<http://img383.imageshack.us/my.php?image=iconsle0.jpg>

ANy ideas?

regards,

malojo

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JJ
John Joslin
Nov 16, 2008
The problem has been discussed several times in the forum.

You need to remove all third party plug-ins. If this cures the problem, replace them one by one till you find the incompatible one.

If this doesn’t help "Update your video card drivers".
M
malojo
Nov 16, 2008
Thanks, works.
EL
Edward_Leiken
Mar 2, 2009
I had the same problem. It also caused some issues in CS3 with the selection tools.

Remove Nik software if it’s present in your plugins folder. For me the specific folder that fixed it was named "penpalette." Once I deleted this the icons came back and the program worked much better and more smoothly.
M
mb
Mar 31, 2009
I had the same problem in CS4 (32 bit version on Vista 64) with Nik Software (Color Efex Pro 3.0).

I already had the Nik plugin under suspicion cause the 64 bit version of Photoshop worked still fine and the problem started after I installed Nik Color Efex Demo.

I removed only the folder "Selective Tool" which brings an additional window from Nik Software to choose the filters.

Without it I can still choose the Nik filters from the Photoshop filters menu. I don’t miss this extra Nik window, glad to got rid of it 🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections