Closed
CS4 EXtended
Nvidia 8800 GTS 512
Intel Quad Q6850 3.0MHz
4Gb ram
3TB Hard drive
Vista 32

Installed CS4, all went well.

When I try and use CS4 the screen does seem to update.
For example. Have an image open….. Grad tool…..
Now the grad doesnt show, until i click on say enlarge or another tool. Same for everything I do, I have to click on a tool or enlarge to get the screen to update.

Any idea’s???

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Nov 15, 2008
1st thing, get the latest updates for your video card.
GW
Graham_Woolcott
Nov 15, 2008
done that. version 180 for Nvidia, 25th Oct 2008
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 15, 2008
turn of hardware acceleration on the card to see if that helps. if it does, there’s still bugs in the driver an you need to write to nvidia with your details so they can fix them.
ND
Nick_Decker
Nov 15, 2008
Dave, love ya, mean it, but ADOBE is who needs to be writing to video card companies to get them to get their cards up to date with CS4. I’ve written to ATI three times, with no response other than "reinstall your drivers." I’ve done that enough times that I know they’re blowin’ smoke. They, and nvidea, are concerned with gamers, and PS is very low on their list of priorities.

Man, I’ve tried everything, but this release of Photoshop is highly dependent on working correctly with the video card. You know and I know that it’s not working right for a lot of people.
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 15, 2008
ut ADOBE is who needs to be writing to video card companies to get them to get their cards up to date with CS4.

sure it is. chris and adam have said they’re already working with the card builders. but the more people they hear from who are using their stuff and are having problems adds extra weight to getting things fixed fast.
BC
Bart_Cross
Nov 15, 2008
I asked the question whether a manufacturers implementation of the nVidia chipset could be causing problems. For example I have a BFG 8600 GT OC card that works fine.

I think it would be important for each poster to name the card manufacturer.
F
Freeagent
Nov 15, 2008
And it could be useful to know the OS as well. It seems xp users are in the majority among those having problems.
GW
Graham_Woolcott
Nov 15, 2008
Sorry, Vista 32 Ultimate

BFG 8800 GTS 512
GW
Graham_Woolcott
Nov 15, 2008
Ive un-installed my Nik pluggins, that seems to have helped,

Have lost all the icons in the Window box which you can change the floating ect of the open image
F
Freeagent
Nov 15, 2008
I didn’t mean you specifically, Graham, just in general.

Bart, your thread is sinking fast. You’ll probably have to keep it afloat for some time for any trends to emerge.
BC
Bart_Cross
Nov 15, 2008
Yeah, it has sunk, but maybe we need a sticky about video problems until the problem is resolved and what information is required from each poster.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections