JT
Posted By
Justin_Toney
Nov 13, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello, I took some nice photos with my digital camera in RAW format and I am attempting to create a panorama with the photos. I am running into a problem because the left and right edges of the photos get darker (in a gradient style) and don’t match up properly. Ive tried to bring this in to a few different programs with the same results. What could I do to maybe remedy this?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DR
Donald_Reese
Nov 14, 2008
I dont know what you mean by a gradient style, but you could try making a duplicate layer on screen mode to lighten,or multiply to darken. then after you create this new layer,i usually apply a layer mask to hide the new layer and then you can use a gradient to taper the light to dark transition and build up more density or conversely to build up lightness if needed.
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Nov 14, 2008
Justin,

For panoramas, you should shoot in Manual mode to make sure that shutter speed and aperture are the same for all the images.
F
Freeagent
Nov 14, 2008
I think he means vignetting. You can correct this both in ACR and Photoshop (Filter > Distort > Lens correction).
JT
Justin_Toney
Nov 14, 2008
Thats what I need but matching multiple pictures up really bites
DR
Donald_Reese
Nov 15, 2008
Not sure who you are referencing there,but like was mentioned,shoot on manual and use a tripod to do different registered exposures. you can open the files in raw and apply the synchronize command to get some color consistency. if you use a polarizer,then it can get harder depending on your expanse covered. using layer masks to bring the different versions onto each other for more even exposure will help greatly.
RF
Robert Feinman
Nov 15, 2008
In article ,
says…
I dont know what you mean by a gradient style, but you could try making a duplicate layer on screen mode to lighten,or multiply to darken. then after you create this new layer,i usually apply a layer mask to hide the new layer and then you can use a gradient to taper the light to dark transition and build up more density or conversely to build up lightness if needed.
Download a trial of Panorama Factory and try it out. It has many more controls than does PS. If you are going to do a lot of panoramas it might be worth the (modest) cost.

Robert D Feinman – Landscapes, Panoramas, Photo Tips
Web Site: http://robertdfeinman.com
JK
Jerome_Knyszewski
Nov 15, 2008
definitely shoot in manual mode, other wise its a major headache on top of being a puzzle.

let us know if you manage to stitch it together decently…

i’d like to see the outcome!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections