KN
Posted By
Kim_Nowell
Nov 11, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My experience with CS3 is with photos and not creating images starting with a blank canvas…so I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to copy/paste the image I made (using brushes and text only)from a blank canvas on to a template for a business card…any suggestions would be appreciated!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

N
Nypedro
Nov 12, 2008
On Nov 11, 6:22 pm, wrote:
My experience with CS3 is with photos and not creating images starting with a blank canvas…so I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to copy/paste the image I made (using brushes and text only)from a blank canvas on to a template for a business card…any suggestions would be appreciated!

I use avery linen business cards. The templates are garbage- to make the cards carefully make measurements and create guides on the canvas. I created the card and grouped it, then copied each group to every card space. Like I said, careful exact measurements, and also create guides to line up the card rows and columns to ensure quality. It took my many sheets of card stock but once perfected it’s worth it, and it’s saved. It frustrated me for a while so be prepared. p
DM
Don_McCahill
Nov 12, 2008
Photoshop is not the best tool for the job, but I would create the 2" x 3.5" card, then save as a pdf. Open the pdf and copy it multiple times on an 8.5 x 11 sheet, according to the template.
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 12, 2008
Do you already have the template? If so, what file format is it?

If it can be opened in Photoshop, you should resize your card image to the dimensions of a template card at the same resolution, then drag it x times on to the open template with the Move Tool.

If you start from scratch, use guides or if you have a layout program, use that.
EC
Erika_Conn
Dec 4, 2008
I created a business card for the president of an association and saved in .psd format. So far, so good.

Now, I have to create the exact same card for five other members of the executive.

I tried to copy the president’s card and just change titles, names, etc. I can’t get it to work. I just keep getting extra layers. What should I be doing?
JM
J_Maloney
Dec 4, 2008
Double click the "T" icon in the layers panel. That should highlight all the text and let you enter new names.
B
Buko
Dec 4, 2008
What should I be doing?

Learn to use the correct tool for the job. In this instance the correct tool would be InDesign or Quark.
BC
Bart_Cross
Dec 4, 2008
Erika: Dupe the president’s type layer info and rename it for each person. Hide all the type layers you don’t need and save as a .tif for each person with an appropriate name. I do this all the time.
BL
Bob Levine
Dec 4, 2008
PDF would be a far better choice, IMO.

Bob
WE
Wolf_Eilers
Dec 4, 2008
In this instance the correct tool would be InDesign or Quark.

Overkill and expensive if all you need is the occasional business card.

I have successfully created brochures with Photoshop. Although I agree other tools are better suited for certain tasks some of the posters in this thread are simply lacking basic techniques.
EC
Erika_Conn
Dec 4, 2008
Thank you, thank you all. It was embarassingly easy once you showed me how.
DB
Daniel_Brady
Dec 12, 2008
Select all, copy merged, new canvas, paste.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections