Posted By
Chrisp54
Nov 10, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi everyone,

After installing Photoshop and Flash CS 4, I have received a network 1063 error concerning a file called AdobeCMapsAll.msi. I’ve searched through the forums and googled it but haven’t found a solution to the problem. I used Adobe AIR to diagnose the problem, however it failed to do so. Has anyone here received a similar problem?

Chris

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

M
Mylenium
Nov 11, 2008
Network error? That doesn’t feel right. MSI files are part of the system’s local installer database/ cache and should only be called up during installs. Did you finish installing the programs without errors?

Mylenium
C
Chrisp54
Nov 11, 2008
Hi Mylenium,

Yeah I agree, saying there is a network error doesn’t make any sense to me either. The application finishes installing but with errors. Both Flash and PS CS4 load fine, without a hitch. I’ve even searched for this file and have been unable to locate it. I think cmaps may have something to do with fonts, but I’m not sure. The only thing I haven’t done is install the apps in safe mode.

By the way, I am running XP 64-bit. Initially, due to my 3D license, I had to run XP 64 bit, however, to be honest, my system hasn’t been stable since day one, and considering the bulk of my work is 2D, it may be time to switch to vista 64. I had initially heard many negative comments regarding vista not long after it came out, but I’m sure enough time has passed for me to make a switch.
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 11, 2008
if you want to go to vista 64, yes, enough time has come out. by all accounts it’s stable.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections