Posted By
Lukas_Dubeda
Nov 10, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there,

I have a Wacom Intuos3 A5 Wide, but PS CS4 doesn’t recognize nor use it and instead shows a warning next to the pressure sensitive features saying:

"Requires a pressure sensitive tablet."

I’m running Vista x64 Business and PS CS4 x64. Pressure sensitivity works in PS CS3 and PS CS2.

I’m really saddened to say that I find PS CS4 the slowest and most troublesome release yet. I start to regret ordering an upgrade from my beloved CS2 (which had a broken Vista support).

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MP
MikeShaw_PSQE
Nov 10, 2008
Make sure you have the latest Wacom driver installed. Older versions of the Wacom driver failed to install 64 bit support correctly.
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 11, 2008
Hey! it’s a mirror image of ekim wahs! 😉
F
Freeagent
Nov 11, 2008
Nice catch, John. He did seem to know what he was talking about 🙂
LD
Lukas_Dubeda
Nov 11, 2008
Thanks for the tip, however, the newer tablet drivers for Wacom fix the pressure issue in CS4, however, they break a right-click in my TotalCMD window?!

How strange is that?

Man, I’m really, seriously, getting pissed off by this whole "work just got more fun" bullshit in Vista! Nothing works in tandem, you fix one thing, break another one. Seriously, what the hell?! Where is the problem? Wacom? Adobe? Microsoft? God?

Screw this, I’m getting Linux and Gimp, this is bullshit! Can’t get anything done by broken compatibilities, direct x, drivers, anything!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections