KK
Posted By
Ken_Kahn
Nov 8, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In CS3, the document window abutted the palette (panel) stack and expanded automatically when I collapsed the stack. How do I make CS4 (Windows XP) do this?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

M
Mylenium
Nov 9, 2008
I don’t really understand what you are trying to say. Does the pasteboard area not correctly expand when you collapse your stacks? Works properly on my end…

Mylenium
KK
Ken_Kahn
Nov 9, 2008
"I don’t really understand what you are trying to say. Does the pasteboard area not correctly expand when you collapse your stacks? Works properly on my end… "

Yes. In CS3, that feature is enabled by setting Maximized Scren Mode. However, CS4 has no such screen mode. (It has one less screen mode than CS3).

Ken
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 9, 2008
With the zoom Tool selected, try playing with "Fit Screen and "Fill Screen".
E
Ender
Nov 9, 2008
Or try Ctrl+0 (Zero).
KK
Ken_Kahn
Nov 9, 2008
None of the suggestions so far make CS4 do what I could do by selecting Maximum Screen mode in CS3. I have the stack of panels against the right edge of the screen and it collapses mostly to the left. The document window and the stack have no effect on each other.

I think I have to dock the stack to the right edge, but I don’t know how to make it happen. As I mentioned, the CS3 screen mode that did it is missing from CS4.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections