X
Posted By
xrdbear
Nov 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If I go full screen with an image and come back to windowed view the top menu bar that contains the hand, view,rotate, arrange documents and screen mode items is lost and replaced with that part of the full screen image that was in that location. There is no way of recovering the menu bar, which is still invisibly active, unless CS4 is restarted.

Otherwise CS4 is not working too bad except for the trailing images following window movements, jerky rotate and the fact that Topaz adjust throws out of memory messages unless Photoshop memory is reduced to 700Mb.

WinXPproSP3
4Gb RAM
seperate scratch disk
Cache at 8 levels
Wacom Intuos 3 with latest driver
nVidia 8600GT with latest drivers

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

X
xrdbear
Nov 7, 2008
Am I really the only one to experience this problem?
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 7, 2008
I think i read a thread a couple days ago that was experiencing this clipping behavior xrdbear. sounds like a video driver problem to me.
X
xrdbear
Nov 8, 2008
Must have missed that one Dave. I’ll just have to wait for the next nVidia offering then. It’s a shame, I use full screen mode frequently.
AJ
Adam_Jerugim
Nov 8, 2008
Try disabling all 3rd party plug-ins and re-launch CS4. That might help in your case.
X
xrdbear
Nov 11, 2008
New associated problem that might give a clue.

I also use Capture NX2 which works fine but slow. Say I have both NX2 and CS4 open and in CS4 view an image in full screen mode then return to normal view. If I then switch to NX2 I find that some of the adjustment panels are corrupt and still contain parts of the screen image from CS4.

There seems to be no way of getting rid of the corruption except by restarting NX2. The corrupt panels still seem to be functional although their controls are invisible.

There may be other programs that use OpenGL that are corrupted in this way by CS4 full screen mode. I just haven’t found them yet.

BTW Adam, disabling the couple of 3rd party plugins I have installed had nil effect.
X
xrdbear
Nov 11, 2008
I can now confirm that using CS4 full screen mode also corrupts Library View in LR2. After using full screen mode and switching to lightroom I can’t view any oictres in the main pane, it says no photo selected. If I drag the pen/mouse across the frame it starts to drag around bits of duplicated and corrupt menus!
X
xrdbear
Nov 11, 2008
Actually I’ve now found that after corrupting the LR2 window I *can* repair it by viewing it as a window, dragging it off screen and back. After this redraw everything is fine again.

Does any of this offer a clue to anyone as to what is wrong? I should say that I also share the serious problems that others in the LR2 forum have been experiencing with the adjustment brush. I feel all this is connected.
V
voythas
Dec 29, 2008
Me too mate. I’m having same problems. Screen isn’t refreshed or I can see my last window from MSN Messenger :P.

Strange things.
K
KyleDJ
Jan 13, 2009
Hello,

Thought I’d mention I may be having a similar issue, but not sure. The problem here sounds a bit more messed up that what I have. At any rate, to avoid dupe posting, you can read about my issue here:
<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b77f64>

Thanks,
KDJ

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections