D
Posted By
doctor9
May 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Got a series of photos taken at a dark arena wrestling event. The digital camera was raised to ISO 800 to compensate, which nicely removed any blur, but made the pics quite dark. When the levels are adjusted to compensate, a lot of red & green blobs occur on the skin tones and other areas that are normally smooth gradients.

Using Noise -> Median does a _fair_ job of fixing the problem, but a friend of mine said she heard about a piece of software called Noise Ninja that was designed just for this issue with digital cameras. Not sure if it’s a plugin or a separate piece of software, but if you folks rave about it here, I’ll be more inclined to seek it out.

Anyone use it here?

Dennis

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BD
Bobby Dogg
May 26, 2004
This ite will help you compare
http://www.michaelalmond.com/Articles/noise.htm

"Dennis Kuhn" wrote in message
Got a series of photos taken at a dark arena wrestling event. The digital camera was raised to ISO 800 to compensate, which nicely removed any blur, but made the pics quite dark. When the levels are adjusted to compensate, a lot of red & green blobs occur on the skin tones and other areas that are normally smooth gradients.
Using Noise -> Median does a _fair_ job of fixing the problem, but a friend of mine said she heard about a piece of software called Noise Ninja that was designed just for this issue with digital cameras. Not sure if it’s a plugin or a separate piece of software, but if you folks rave about it here, I’ll be more inclined to seek it out.
Anyone use it here?

Dennis
BV
Bart van der Wolf
May 27, 2004
"Bobby Dogg" wrote in message
This ite will help you compare
http://www.michaelalmond.com/Articles/noise.htm

With an additional note that Neat Image has been improved impressively since.

Bart

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections