BA
Posted By
Bob_A_Ianson
Nov 1, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have selected a portion of a photo in CS4 and when I attempt to Copy…I get this message: "Could not complete the Copy command because of a program error"

Any ideas on the cause?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BA
Bob_A_Ianson
Nov 1, 2008
Restarted my PC and had the same results.

The file opened was a PSD file with two layers, the photo itself on one layer and some text on the second layer. If I flatten the layers, it will now allow me to copy but why can’t I copy with layers visible?
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 1, 2008
Corrupt font?
BA
Bob_A_Ianson
Nov 1, 2008
Josh, how would I check? Try a different font for the text and then try the copy function?
BA
Bob_A_Ianson
Nov 1, 2008
You are correct Josh…I don’t know how you do it.

I changed the font from Papyrus to Parchment and I could do the copy function with the layers visible.
Does this mean my Papyrus is corrupt or is it a conflict between papyrus and CS4?
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 1, 2008
Could be either. Most copies of Papyrus seem to be freebies off the Internet.

Photoshop is a lot more sensitive to poorly created or faulty fonts.

But see

< http://www.modernlifeisrubbish.co.uk/article/5-terrible-font s-that-you-should-not-use-in-print-design>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections