S
Posted By
spacedog
Oct 30, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have installed the Photoshop CS4 Extended trial and at first everything seems ok, but opengl is off. After I turn it on and now after several re-installs even with it off, I don’t see the wizards in the layers pallete options menu, nor do I see any of the icons in the "arrange documents" drop down menu. My only clue as to what my mouse is over is the popup tooltip.
Is anyone else having this problem? Anyone found a solution? I am using an Nvidia Gforce 6800 GS 512mb card which is on the list of tested cards. I have the latest graphics driver installed.
Please help!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

M
Mylenium
Oct 30, 2008
Did you trash the prefs after your various re-install attempts? Please do and see if it changes anything. Also: what is your screen resolution?

Mylenium
S
spacedog
Oct 30, 2008
I told the installer to remove the preferences. My screen resolution is 1280×1024.
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 30, 2008
Where did you get the trial?
S
spacedog
Oct 30, 2008
adobe.com
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 30, 2008
Can I borrow your time machine?

"Trials for all products except those in Japanese should be available by mid-November 2008."
S
spacedog
Oct 30, 2008
They wrre breifly available including the master collection, but were pulled as has been noted by others on the forums and elsewhere.

I managed to get it to work, but it appears one or more of the plugins I use is causing this redraw issue. I will attempt to isolate which one it is and let you all know when I find out.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections