G
Posted By
grahamtav
Oct 27, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can you guys tell me if the Radeon HD 3650 GPU based video card is suitable for Photoshop CS4 rotation tool to work?

Graham

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

M
Mylenium
Oct 27, 2008
In theory – yes. However, if you follow this forum you will notice that other users experience some issues with different ATI cards of that range, so it may require some patience to get it to work. anyway, since I cannot buy a new computer every month I can’t provide first hand experience, so perhaps some other user may have a more detailed answer for you. 😉

Mylenium
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 27, 2008
Did you check it against the list of compatible carsd on the Adobe site.
G
grahamtav
Oct 28, 2008
Thanks guys for your advice and help.

Graham
JC
Jimmy_Chancey
Oct 28, 2008
The Adobe list of compatible cards is incomplete as it lists only those that Adobe tested. I have an older Radeon x1650 that seems to work well with the rotational tool. Initially, I had the latest driver only package installed on my system. I couldn’t get CS4 to work properly. Then I installed ATI’s Catayst Control Center which allowed me to turn ON some the card’s GPU features that I wasn’t previously using.

You might try going this route to see if it will work for your Radeon 3650.
ND
Nick_Decker
Oct 28, 2008
Jimmy,

Then I installed ATI’s Catayst Control Center which allowed me to turn ON some the card’s GPU features that I wasn’t previously using.

Can you tell us which of those features in Catalyst Control helped your situation?
BC
Bart_Cross
Oct 28, 2008
They can add nVidia 8600GT to the list.
G
grahamtav
Oct 28, 2008
Thanks again everybody – got the new card and it works a dream

Graham
DE
Dave_Evanson
Oct 28, 2008
They can also add nVidia 7950GT to the list. (On XP Pro 32bit SP3)
JH
John-Pierre_Hannam
Oct 29, 2008
Does anyone know which program uses the .reg entries in the GPU patch files? I have my system set to Notepad as the default (to avoid viruses) but when I tried to reset the association for the .reg file to regedit.exe, I got numerous error messages. Apparently not the right program to use. So, does anyone know which one I should use?

I seem to remember in previous incarnations that I could right click a .reg file and "merge" was one of the options. Not now …

Thanks,

Jake
MN
massimo_novi
Nov 20, 2008
Hi

I tested an ATI HD 3650 DDR2 512 with Photoshop CS4 on Windows XP SP3 and 8.11 drivers.

It works quite well. Some flickering on some Photoshop redraw but I think is normal. Open GL is active in PS and all options can be checked.

Hope it helps.

Massimo

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections