Posted By
rashad_rivera
Oct 21, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I just purchased and installed Adobe Illustrator CS4. The first day I used it I had no problem, but now when I open images I get a black screen. Nothing I do causes the image to show. Event though I can see the images in the Layers control panel. PLEASE HELP BECAUSE I am falling behind in my work.

– Rashad Rivera

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

M
Mylenium
Oct 21, 2008
Sounds like your hardware acceleration is broken down. Did you change anything in your generic computer config like changing the screen resolution or something? Did you attempt to turn off hardware acceleration in the preferences? What graphics card?

Mylenium
G
Galumph
Oct 21, 2008
This is the Adobe Photoshop forum. Are you sure you wanted to say "Adobe Illustrator CS4" in your post above?
M
Mylenium
Oct 21, 2008
Mmh, now that you mention it. *argh* Must read with eyes open. 😉 I could imagine that for Illustrator it’s a breakup in the PDF libraries or Adobe Type Engine… Anyway, posting again on the Illu forum will probably yield more qualified answers indeed.

Mylenium
M
MSP
Oct 23, 2008
On Oct 20, 8:04 pm, wrote:
Hello,

I just purchased and installed Adobe Illustrator CS4. The first day I used it I had no problem, but now when I open images I get a black screen. Nothing I do causes the image to show. Event though I can see the images in the Layers control panel. PLEASE HELP BECAUSE I am falling behind in my work.

– Rashad Rivera

Rashad,

Did you ever find the solution to this in Illustrator? Reason being, I have the exact same problem in Photoshop CS4. the smae images open up elsewhere, but not in Photoshop CS4. Any others ever seen this? Have not changed hardware accel or graphics card…
RR
rashad_rivera
Oct 23, 2008
Sorry, I ment "Adobe Photoshop CS4" not "Illustrator". My bad 🙂 So can anyone help me with this? I still don’t have a solution. Thanks.

– Rashad Rivera
CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 23, 2008
You need to update your video card driver – it has a serious bug. In the meantime, you could turn of GPU acceleration of image display in Photoshop preferences.
RR
rashad_rivera
Oct 23, 2008
Chris,

You da’ man! That was it. I can see what I draw now.

– Rashad Rivera

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections